Aug 11, 2010

I guess the honeymoon is comming to an end?!


Hello Everyone,

It has been a very interesting and unbelievable summer. I would have to categorize this as one of the best ever. I’m not even sure how to type about everything.
I guess I could start with my bachelor party in Vegas. Where 14 of us stayed in a $9,000 a night Penthouse (just so happened to be the same one Mariah Carey stayed in the week before.) It came complete with a pool table, 4 flat screen tv’s, and a hot tub on the balcony (only the 58th floor). I guess I should add that everyone only paid $200 total for two nights! Some of you might find this a little boring so I will move on.






I followed that trip up with my first visit to Wrigley Field. A former teammate of mine at Butler University was getting married in June and had his bachelor party in Chicago.10 hotdogs and who knows how many beers later, I was about to have the night to forget or remember depending on how you look at it. After watching the Cubs get killed by the cardinals from our rooftop tickets I Preceded to lose my credit card, my sunglasses, and had the biggest Margarita bowl I had ever seen for my birthday that was still 3 weeks away. Follow all that with a 2 AM cab ride where the taxi driver decided to show me every part of Chi town except the part where I was staying. Those two trips together made me lay pretty low until my wedding.


I wish I could tell you some unbelievable details or stories from my wedding, but it all when by so fast. I must say I had an unbelievable time visiting with friends and family. Everyone seemed to love the all you could eat pizza, sliders, and Paradise Café cookies. That is everyone except for me since I maybe got one each. Many commented on the relax atmosphere and us not having many traditional wedding things (like a CAKE). Of course you can’t have a wedding without a honeymoon.


We went to Hermitage Bay Antigua for our honeymoon. It was an amazing resort that was part jungle part beach. My man Carlton hooked us up for the 7 days with plenty of good food and drinks. Our room was on the side of the mountain with our own infinity pool overlooking the ocean. The downside to the resort was it was almost too relaxing, I needed a little more action. The bugs weren’t the best either.




Now that you are pretty much caught up on my summer of a lifetime I will give you the current dirt. I have a couple more weddings to attend before the summer is completely over, one being my oldest brother Loren’s. I have been working on the best man speech and I hope it turns out alright.

I have been working two part time jobs in St. Louis with Washington University. I have been trying to nab a job in the sports field, mainly looking for coaching jobs. The market for that is about as bad as the market for a versatile swing player. I have not had many looks to play again overseas. I’m kind of at a crossroads where I’m ready to give up playing, but nothing is on the other side of that yet.
Hopefully this quick recap gives you enough to naw on for the time being. The next report will hopefully have me back overseas with a good job or in the USA coaching some young kids on the game of basketball!

I almost forgot to tell you about the new edition to the newly formed Crone family. That is our lovely Great dane puppy RIZZO! who gets bigger by the day!
Until next time,
This is BC gone for now

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brandon,

great update and pics of your busy summer.

good luck finding coaching job.

Big Al

latest sports news said...

Nice pictures Brandon and you have a pretty lady there.